Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Get to know Mrs. Rivera





Get to Know Your Art Teacher



I grew up in Wallingford, Connecticut and at the age of 7 I moved to Guilderland, New York where I finished out high school.  In 1998, I moved to Massachusetts to attend Montserrat College of Art.  I studied all types of art forms, but my focus was in photography.  For many years I created art and photographed many places and people, however I just wasn't fulfilled.  So, I decided to go back to school for art education at Lesley University.  And here I am, heading into my 6th year as an art teacher at Franklin School.  

Over the last 6 years, I got married and had my son, William.  Many of my students know this already (from all the photographs on my desk).  Also at home, I have a cat (AJ) which is short for Applejax.  His picture resides on my bulletin board above my desk.  

Just recently, I had one photograph in an art show in Albany, New York.  I haven't shown any work in many, many years.  It was so nice to be back at it.  

A few fun facts about me:  My favorite color is purple, I love making Valentine's Day art, I love reading home decorating magazines, I love taking photographs of my son, I truly enjoy making sample art projects for each grade level and I love to travel.  So far, I've been to every state east of the Mississippi River, Greece, Spain, Italy, Aruba and the Bahamas.  I'm hoping I can add to that list over the next few years.

That's all for now-See you in Art!
Mrs. Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment